One of the leading causes behind PCOS is insulin resistance. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas which helps in regulating blood glucose levels. The job of insulin is to covert the food we eat carbohydrates into Sugars, insulin facilities sugar or glucose absorption into cells to generate energy. Were as fenugreek seeds help in improving glucose metabolism in the body as it enhances insulin sensitivity to stabilize both blood sugar levels and hormones. Therefore use fenugreek seeds for PCOS as Fenugreek seeds have been known to contain an array of potentially beneficial components.
What is Fenugreek?
Fenugreek is an herb, which is used in many countries as a purpose of natural therapy against some diseases. The seeds & leaves of fenugreek both are responsible for their therapeutic properties of it. Seeds and leaves provide you with various bioactive components such as steroidal saponins which includes diosgenin, yamogenin, gitogenin, tigogenin and other bioactive components including choline and trimethylamine, retinol, vitamin D, riboflavin, pyridoxine and some essential oils which contribute to the antioxidant property of fenugreek. As know, we know Fenugreek seeds help in recovering from PCOS.
Fenugreek seeds for PCOS: is it effective?
It’s a blood sugar lowering mechanism that makes fenugreek seeds a natural treatment for controlling type-2 Diabetes and also works as an effective therapy for PCOS too. Since the insulin resistance lies at the heart of PCOS, stabilizing blood sugar levels and also improves glucose tolerance which makes Fenugreek an effective remedy for PCOS.
How to use Fenugreek for PCOS?
The best way to consume fenugreek seeds for PCOS is to soak a teaspoon overnight in hot water and consume first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Chew and swallow the seeds with a cup of water if needed. Some people also intake the soaked seeds 15 minutes before the other meal.
Here are some of the other ways to incorporate fenugreek seeds for PCOS into your diet are:
- Dry and roast some seeds for a couple of minutes. Add a teaspoon to curries, dals and stir-fry dishes.
- fenugreek seeds can also be used in tempering for dals and curries.
- Soak the seeds in water to make sprout out of them until tiny green shoots appear. These sprouted fenugreek seeds can be used in a variety of salads and dry dishes.
- Boil fenugreek seeds in water to make a homemade tea flavored with honey and lemon.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds for a minute, then crush into a powder. This is an excellent way to incorporate the mild nutty flavor of fenugreek seeds for tempering, seasoning or in pickles as well as homemade sauerkraut.
- Fenugreek seeds can be ground into a powder mixture and stored in an airtight container. You only need Stir in a teaspoon into curries, dry vegetables, and meat dishes. Or you can add a teaspoon into plain yogurt for a quick power-snack between meals.
Similarly, there are many ways of using fenugreek seeds for PCOS Recovery.
Hence, fenugreek seeds are one of the best natural remedies for curing PCOS naturally, as it’s highly recommended to get a blood glucose test and lipid profile test before starting therapy with them. And it’s one best dietary supplement for you to cure PCOS.